Friday 10 September 2010

Ooooo, now it feels official!

Having spent 20 minutes sitting on a rather uncomfortable set of Local Council chairs we were finally met by the registrar and led off to his office... My palms broke into a sweat and I actually felt a bit nervous, not entirely sure why, probably something to do with the fear of being interrogated (and potential uncomfortable questions about the failure of my 1st marriage). But, we were quickly put at ease by "Reg the Registrar" who was jolly and reminded me of a cross between The Fat Controller and Bernard Mathews (I did NOT use the interview technique of envisaging him naked to help settle my nerves... That would not have been appropriate, especially with the future hubby sitting next to me...).

So a bit of a chat (mainly from him about the celebrity weddings he has officiated...) and a few questions later (intimate and probing details about one another.... i.e. Middle name and occupation...) and "Notice of Marriage" has been given and we're all set for the 16th of July 2011 at ....... (ha, you're not going to catch us out too easily!).

By the time we got home an email had arrived from the district council that we're getting married in, together with a whole bunch of ceremony wording and choices to make... So, I guess we'll be on the hunt for some suitable readings soon... We're open to suggestions if you have any...

Tomorrow evening, our Parents are coming round for Dinner (I'll give you one guess as to who is cooking), to discuss SOME of our plans for the day, it should be a great evening, we're really looking forward to it... We don't often get the chance to entertain guests (yep, we're hermits).

B2B
X

No comments:

Post a Comment