Wednesday 20 October 2010

Wine, Websites, SEO & an Aardvark!

With Ed back working full-time in a kitchen (as Head Chef at The Cork House in Stansted... visit highly recommended!) the opportunity to meet up with potential suppliers is drastically reduced. So, when Jim Cliff of Aardvark Wedding Films said he'd be quite happy to come along for a chat at the end of an evening service (10pm!) we were rather chuffed (I guess the fact that Jim is also a friend of ours assisted in getting him out so late!)! With one late meeting scheduled I quickly set up another with Steve Hooper of UK Wedding SEO for a chat about my website. Thus giving me the perfect opportunity to spend another evening in The Cork House, sample some more of my fiance's fabulous Tapas and have a sneaky few glasses of wine (oh ok... maybe more than a few...).

Meeting #1
My "SEO Dude" Steve decided to keep me waiting (he says he "got lost")... so there I was... "Billy no mates"... sitting in the bar on my own, fiddling with my phone while everyone looked pityingly at me... the only way to console myself, and the thought that I'd been stood up, was of course to have a cheeky glass of wine... Anyway, Steve FINALLY arrived (2nd glass of wine...).

Steve's a bit of a genius when it comes to SEO & websites. The fact that he completely tore my website apart did not bother me (3rd Glass of wine)... there's lots to be improved on! The overall look and feel is fine, it's more a case of how Search Engines trawl through the site, the keywords, the use of pictures instead of text etc... Additionally, the team I currently use to host my website wont allow me the option of making updates myself, I can't have a blog attached to it, and it costs me the earth! So, with Steve's help... I'll soon have a shiny new Wordpress Website which will be SEO'd to the max! Hoorah!

I can't recommend Steve highly enough... get in touch with him!

(4th Glass of wine) Running a little behind on SEO & Website chat... going off on a tangent as always... and Jim arrived to join the party. The boys chatted video for a while, while Ed delivered some Tapas for me (YUM!), a very late dinner (effect of glass 4, taking its grip)...

Meeting #2
Ed finally finished in the Kitchen, Steve departed and we were onto discussing video coverage of our wedding! With the amount of "stuff" we have planned for our day Jim (Aardvark Wedding Films) recommended a double shooter package... we don't wany anything to be missed and he can't be in two places at once!

Our photographer Hayley Ruth, and her sidekick on the day, will be capturing some amazing shots and "works of art". But to get the real "feel" of the day captured... nothing can beat a video... Having "been there and done it before" I know that we will miss a lot of what's going on as we'll be pulled from pillar to post. We want the opportunity to see what each other gets up to during the morning preparing for the ceremony, the arrival of our guests (in our absense) at the morning reception, the childrens entertainment while we're sitting for the Wedding Breakfast and a whole host of other bits... (mouth tightly zipped).

Basically, we want to be able to re-live the emotion, atmosphere and spirit of the day over and over again. Thanks to Jim we'll be able to do so just by pressing the play button on our DVD...

So, we're officially booked with Jim... and looking forward to "Lights, Camera, Action" at the pre-wedding video shoot and again on 16th July 2011!!!

We've know Jim for approximately a year (yep, he's another local twitter find) and have great admiration for his work. He's a fellow member of The Wedding Partners and has already filmed both of us... take a look at our Showreels... A Bespoke Design and Feed Me Dining.

Glass number 5 down the hatch... enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment