Monday 21 February 2011

It's all about the shoes!

I had an idea of the style of shoes I was looking and with the help of my "Shoe Guru" friend Claire Dobinson of The Bombshell Academy I found some stunning Louboutin's and D&G shoes... but they weren't perfect... they were missing that special little touch. So imagine, to my delight, finding a shoe designer that made bespoke shoes! I first met Hetty (Hetty Rose Handmade Shoes) on Twitter... and found out she was exhibiting at The Designer Wedding Show, so dragging Hayley Ruth (kicking and screaming.... pah) we set off to meet her (and lots of other lovely wedding suppliers that we chat to on twitter). A few weeks later, and I'm at Hetty's Studio (in Chelmsford... an added benefit of her being based so locally to me!), having my feet measured & drawn around (god that tickled!) and chatting about design ideas.

Between October and January Hetty has been busy working away on my shoes! She's one very clever lady and has been replicating parts of my dress for added detail!... I seriously can't wait to show them off. I've had 2 fittings so far, at the last one (December 2010) I got to try on my part made shoes... no sole, no heel, but "oh" so Divine!!!!

Hetty sends me little updates of how my shoes are coming along... and by all accounts all that's left to do now is add the heel! But we can't do that until I've had my dress fitting (Eeeek... this wednesday!!!!!)... and then I get to try on my completed shoes!!!!!!!

A selection from the Kimono Collection by Hetty Rose Shoes
Make sure you check out Hetty's website... her Kimono Collection are amazing... AND take a look at the little video that shows a pair of shoes coming together... pure genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment